Congratulations to the sarcoma pathology team!
01 September 2017 - Congratulations to the sarcoma pathology team!
Our sarcoma pathology team have lots to celebrate:
- Dr Daniel Lindsay, Histopathology Fellow at RNOH has been awarded a Health Education England Fellowship for two years to develop his skills and knowledge on molecular pathology
- Health Education England has funded two Biomedical Scientists and a Pathology Fellow at the RNOH to undertake Masters in Genomic Medicine
- The RNOH is now accredited by the Institute for Biomedical Scientists for training biomedical scientists
- Prof Flanagan has received numerous awards this year:
- The William Gerald Medal by the faculty of the Department of Pathology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center, New York, in recognition of her outstanding contributions to research in cancer (sarcoma) pathology. The award is in memory of Dr. William Gerald, a former faculty member of the pathology department in Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- The Goudie Lecture and Medal as a distinguished active scientist who is making seminal contributions to pathological science and the understanding of disease mechanisms.
- An OBE (hon) for services to cancer research